Friday 1 August 2014

Lip Product Addict Tag

Hiyaaaa!
I'm back again! 
My tags have been actually been going down really well so I thought I'd do the Lip Product Addict Tag that I saw over on the lovely Bow Bombshell blog! This sounds right up my street as I love lippies!

1. Favourite balm/treatment?

My favourite balm definitely has to be my Summer Fruits EOS balm! I love the shape of these balms and I think that's why it makes it my favourite! So easy to apply and I think they're really moisturising! I can't lie, the main reason I bought it in Selfridges was because all the Kardashians were promo'ing them but it really has become a handbag essential for me.

EOS Balm in 'Summer Fruits'
2. Best eye-catching red?


I think it has to be my RiRi Woo Lipstick and Lipglass together! They're gorgeous separately but I think together they pack such a punch and give a real 'wow' factor! They both smell divine, I know that doesn't make them eye-catching but I would definitely reach for them ahead of another red because they taste great as well as look great!

'RiRi Woo' Lipstick and Lipglass

3. Best luxury and drug store?

Best luxury without a doubt - Estee Lauder. The packaging is divine, the lipsticks are so buttery and soft and glide on so easily! Andddd the colour lasts for hours, not something you generally get with a soft buttery lipstick! The one I bought was £26.00 but it was literally worth every penny!

Estee Lauder Envy Sculpting Lipstick in 'Dominant'
Best drugstore is pretty easy - definitely MUA! The majority of the lipsticks are £1, so obviously you cant say no to that! They're also really nice formulas and have a pretty good lasting power! If you wanna experiment with colour I think they're a great place to start as well because you can try them without breaking the bank! 

MUA Matte Lipstick in 'Wild Berry'
4. Best MAC lipstick?

My favourite MAC lipstick I own is probably Kangarouge, it's from their Ice Parade collection! My dad picked it up for me in Las Vegas from the Cosmetics Company store! It's a blue toned red, that makes your teeth look super white! Compared to RiRi Woo, which is up there with one of my favourites, it's so much easier to apply because it's a shiny satin finish! It lasts for ages, and it's just such an easy red to have in your handbag for touch ups!


5. The most disappointing?

Now, this is one that definitely could divide peoples feelings on me.. In my opinion, Rebel is the most disappointing MAC lipstick that I own! Now guys, hear me out! It's a gorgeous colour, such a deep plummy purple, but I find that it can come across badly on the lips, especially if you've got any areas of dryness it clings to it, your lips kind of end up looking like a Dulux colour chart of Rebel! But, if you're careful and take care of your lips, and use a lip liner before such as Currant it comes out lovely! It just takes time to get this one right!!


6. Liner - yes or no?

Yes to liner, always yes to liner! Makes it so much easier to apply a lipstick when you've already done the outline so you don't end up wiggling your elbow and drawing a line straight up to your nose before trying to get it right (it's happened before...). Plus, as I mentioned about Rebel and Currant before it makes a big impact on how your lipstick ends up looking! I prefer pencil liners, I think they're a lot more precise than the other creamy ones!

7. Best gloss?

I don't wear that much gloss, I'm fussy about the finish I like with it, and generally your lip basically always ends up stuck to a glass when you wear it! My favourite gloss is MAC's Dressed to Dazzle is my favourite, it is sticky so I don't wear it that much, but when I do I fall in love with the sparkles in it everytime. Plus it smells gorgeously vanilla!!


8. Something extra


This one is a little bit random, but my something extra has to be: MUA's Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquers
These are basically the highstreet equivalent of Limecrime's Velvetine Lipsticks. The Velvetines retail at £13.50 each, and typically they're quite hard to find in the UK. But these little babies are just £3.00 each! You can buy them in Superdrug at online at www.muastore.co.uk. There are 9 shades available.

So basically, you could afford to buy all 9 shades for the price of 2 Velvetines!

These all have a doe foot applicator and go on really easily. They dry to a matte finish and then they just don't budge! They're perfect for a night out because guarantee they'll still be there even the next morning!

The shades I have from left to right are:
Atomic; Reckless; Tranquility; Halcyon and Kooky.


So, the people I would like to tag are: Megan and Sara :)

Hope you enjoyed this tag!
Have you tried any of these lip products?
What are your faves or least faves products?

xxx

2 comments:

  1. Ahh I'm so pleased you enjoyed this tag! :)
    I loved seeing your answers. I think I need to try some of those MUA Lip Lacquers, as they look lovely!

    x Sarah x
    www.bowbombshell.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are gorg! Such good value, definitely worth a gamble on! :)

      xxx

      Delete