Friday 22 August 2014

Hair Dyeing fun!

Hiyaaaaa.

I obviously at one point quite recently was really blonde, but for starting work I thought it was more 'appropriate' to go back to being brunette aka BORING. I hate it, I can't get used to myself with brown hair again and it just looked pretty meh. Especially after a few washes the nice brown I'd got in the hairdressers was looking a little lifeless.

So I thought it was time I took my hair back into my own hands again, and I hit the hairdye aisle at Tesco.

There are like seriously 1 million different colours, then you have Temporary, Semi-Permanent and Permanent. I always thought Permanent was best because it obviously would last longer, but my hairdresser informed me you should really only use it if you have grey hairs. Thankfully I've not stumbled upon any of them yet *touches wood* so I'm going to try and stick to semi-permanent colours for now!

My favourite hairdye brand has always been Casting Creme, they've got such glossy colours and the dyes always smell really nice. I find them really nourishing on my hair!

I chose the colour '432 Rich Espresso' which is one of the 'Glossy Chestnut' range. It looked a really good glossy brown on the box so it went in my trolley. I think it was £6.79! I've done the steps below of how I dye my hair!

BEFORE YOU DIE YOUR HAIR DO A PATCH TEST AT LEAST 48 HRS BEFORE - ALWAYS FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE BOX. IF YOU HAVE ANY TYPE OF REACTION AT ALL DO NOT DYE YOUR HAIR. 

1. Wet your hair but don't wash it!.
For this stage I generally just stick my head under a tap/showerhead until its wet and then roughly dry it with a towel!

2. Put moisturiser around ears/forehead.
Don't forget this step! Or you'll end up looking like you've attempted to dye your forehead too.. You always think you'll never get dye there... you will. 

3. Add the colour into the applicator bottle.
Squeeze it in, stick the lid on and SHAKE it. *shakes it like a polaroid picture*

4. PUT ON THE GLOVES
They're there for a reason!!! 

5. Consult the information leaflet and apply to your hair as advised.
Obviously if you've never dyed your hair it's all the one colour so you just have to apply in one go, but if you have any roots from previous dye jobs.. Do as the booklet says.. If you don't, you're still gonna have roots. Obviously. 

6. Leave for the amount of time advised in the booklet
Your hair won't look any better if you leave it for longer, you're only more likely to end up with the worlds most irritated scalp. It has a time limit for a reason.

7. Wash out and style as normal - TADAH!

I really like the colour I've ended up with, as much as I possibly can like having brown hair.. It's super glossy though and it feels really healthy which I like! It's darker than I thought it was going to be, but that's always the issue with box dyes, it never really ends up the colour that's on the box!

Do you prefer to go to the hairdressers or dye at home?

Thanks for reading!!


No comments:

Post a Comment