Sunday 27 July 2014

The Liebster Award pt. 1

Evening guys!

I opened my inbox the other day and seen I'd received new comments on a blog post of mine, (always exciting) and when I clicked into it I seen I had been nominated for the Liebster Award not once, but twice by Sara and Megan! Now I can't lie.. I'd never heard of this before! So I did a little rooting around and discovered this is an award that bloggers give to other bloggers to find out more about them and share their favourite blogs with other people! I think this is SUCH a nice idea, the thought of it even put a smile on my face on a busy Thursday morning in the office! Thank you so much Sara and Megan! You can follow Sara on Blogger and on Bloglovin :) and Megan on Blogspot and on Bloglovin!

This was going to be a pretty long post so my questions from Megan will be going up in a separate post which you can find HERE:

The Rules (every set I've seen are different so this is what I'm rolling with!):
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you!
2. Answer the questions they sent you (down below!) 
3. Nominate 11 bloggers to answer your set of questions! (less than 250 followers)
4. Contact them and let them know they've been nominated!

My Questions from Sara!

1. Who would you say is your style icon?
This is actually tricky, I don't necessarily have a style icon, I have girl crushes on a lot of peoples fashion, but style icons like Cara Delevigne, Kate Moss etc are thin.. And I'm not particularly thin! Everything they wear looks AMAZING but it would never look anywhere like that on me! I wear quite a mismatch of styles and trends too, so I don't think I have one particular style icon per say? So I can't really answer! 

2. What is your favourite place to travel to or visit?
Before I moved to England, I probably would have said Spain for a holiday! But now I really appreciate going home and getting to experience the absolutely (mostly) gorgeous place that we live in! When I went home in April with Lizzie we went to the Giant's Causeway and I really enjoyed it! You don't necessarily appreciate things when you're around them all the time!


3. Your top blogging/makeup tips.
Top blogging tip: Do it because you want to do it! So many people blog now because they want to be the next Zoella and get really rich from it, which of course would be lovely! But it's not realistic for anyone that has a full time job and is busy! I really enjoy blogging now that I can come home do it and relax! 

Top makeup tip: DON'T SLEEP IN YOUR MAKEUP. I know it's so easy to come home from a night out when you're a liiiiittle bit worse for wear, but take 5 minutes, rub a wipe across your face and at least try to get it off! Your skin will thank you for it I promise!

4. Your favourite high street foundation?
Without a shadow of a doubt, Rimmel Wake Me Up. I love it, I love it's slight shimmer and I even love the smell. My favourite high street foundation for sure :)

5. Do you have any pets?
At home, yes I have my almost 3 year old shih tzu Harper. And at the house I'm living at now, my landlady has two more dogs called Narla and Milo, so I don't miss Harper just as much as I did last year!


6. What is your occupation?
Officially, I'm Nestle's Corporate Student Nutritionist :)

7. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
I would hopefully like to be a Home Economics teacher somewhere in the world, but who knows, I might stay in industry if I enjoy this placement, you never know! Leave it up to fate!


8. Favourite high street shops?
Dorothy Perkins, Primark, River Island (sometimes) and Topshop for a good old splurge!

9. Do most of your close friends/family know about your blog? Where you embarrassed to start with?
Most of my friends and family know! I wasn't really that embarrassed, Becca had been doing it for years so I knew what to expect :)

10. What made you start writing?
I got bored one day in my flat in Manchester and then put fingers to keyboard.. It was history!


So the people I nominate are:
(I've went off their bloglovin' follower count by the way!)
beccasbeautyspot.blogspot.com

And my questions for my nominee's are..


PLEASE NOTE: THESE ARE NOT THE ACTUAL QUESTIONS. Just incase...
1. What did you want to be when you 'grew up'?
2. What's your guiltiest make-up pleasure?
3. What is your evening relaxing routine if you have one?
4. What made you start blogging?
5. If you had £100,000, what would you spend it on, and why?
6. Have you got any pets?
7. (Random one!) did you watch Blackfish? What did you think of it?
8. Do you like face wipes or do you prefer a real cleanser?
9. What's your overall life ambition?
10. If you were Prime Minister and could make up one new law, what would it be and why?
11. What 3 celebrities would you have afternoon tea with and why?

Thank you for the nomination Sara and Megan and hope everyone else enjoys the Liebster Award!



xxx


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for nominating me Rachel, that was really sweet of you :) I will do the tag tonight, so it can go live tomorrow.

    And I have to say I LOVE Harper - what a cutie?! I have two dogs (Bentley and Lily), they are Mal-shis which is a cross between a Maltese and a Shih Tzu, so when I saw your little one I instantly fell in love haha.

    x Sarah x
    www.bowbombshell.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! I can't wait to read your answers to my questions, apologies if they're a little bit random haha.

      Oh my god your dogs sound adorable! I don't think I've ever stumbled across a pic of them in your blog, try and put one in soon, I need to see those little cuties! x

      Delete
  2. omg I just love harper. shih tzus are just so adorable!
    www.thestripedvent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete