Sunday 20 July 2014

Latest In Beauty: The Glamour Edit

Evening guys!

I've been very active over here the last week haven't I? I hope I can keep this momentum up!
I'm back again with my third Beauty Box purchase from Latest in Beauty, and it's another Glamour Edit! 
I really like purchasing from Latest in Beauty, there's no contract and you can buy the ones you want and generally avoid all the rubbish bits they send out when you subscribe to regular boxes! 
This box is £16.95 and free delivery at the minute, and when you see what you get inside it, you'll realise how much of a bargain it is! I haven't tested everything yet but I wanted to get this post up ASAP so you could purchase it if you wanted to!

You can find the box on the Latest in Beauty website!





















Firstly, I love the packaging of these boxes, so simple but so effective! It always feels like you're getting a present!! 


So what did I get? 
Let's start!

Crabtree & Evelyn Nail Lacquer in - Apple
Toni & Guy Volume Plumping Whip


















This is a gorgeous blue toned red, so vibrant in the bottle and even more so on nails! I've just repainted my nails with a heck load of glitter on top so I don't want to take it off and do a full repaint with it, but when I get my acrylics infilled, this little beauty will be coming with me! This is the full 15ml size of the nail lacquer and it retails for £6.00.

This is the 90ml size which retails for £7.19 in Boots at the minute! It's a really strange consistency, I expected a thick gloopy gel, which do not work on my hair at all! But when I opened it I was pleasantly surprised, the product looks as if it's kind of been 'whipped' (which now seems stupid to write after re-reading the name of it!)! It's quite airy for a hair product and really easy to use - work it into your roots and then blowdry it to add lots of volume! So easy to do and works a dream, really impressed with this product!

Hawaiian Tropic Satin Protection Sun Lotion
DHC Deep Cleansing Oil



















Now, sun protection is something I generally forgo, I don't like buying it! It's pretty expensive for all the sun we generally get so I usually just end up burnt! It's stupid of me and I know it's unsafe to be so lazy! Whenever I seen this I was actually pretty happy, it's been very warm and sunny the past week in Surrey and I thought it was about time I started using something on my face at the very least! It's the 100ml size, so perfect for handbags and obviously it's carry on luggage friendly if you're jetting off anywhere! It smells beaut - it's a mix of coconut and jojoba oil, not your typical horrible suncream smell! It costs £5.99 for the 100ml size, but there are larger sizes available on the Hawaiian Tropic website if you're actually going abroad!

Now, I don't love cleansing oils, my skin is so oily at the minute that I don't really want to add to the problem! So this probably isn't something I'm going to use so much so it might go to my landlord! The oil does smell lovely though but it's just not really my cup of tea! It's £4.50 for the 30ml size you get in the box.

Rimmel Sun Shimmer Instant Tan BB Skin Perfector
Velvotan The Original Tanning Mitt





















I love fake tan, I love the slightly odd biscuity/bacon smell that you get when you wake up in the morning after tanning the previous night, and I love getting to try new tans out! Now I haven't had the opportunity to completely try this but I have rubbed it on my arm and oh my god I'm excited! This is basically a combination of fake tan and a BB cream, so it corrects the shade of your skin and makes you look tanned all at the same time! Wowza! Now the shade is pretty light, so good for day wear but I do generally prefer a darker tan but still a really good product to get in the box! It's £6.99 in shops for the 125ml version.

And when you get a new fake tan, what else do you need? A new fake tan mitt of course! It's essential to keep your tan mitts fresh, it doesn't take long for them to go hard and turn a slightly strange shade of green.. Velvotan are my favourite brand for tan mitts as well so I was so happy! Primark and Superdrugs own brands offerings are good, but the inner plastic splits so easily and I always end up covered, I think for a few extra quid it's worth spending the money to get a good non-streaky tan! These are £2.99 on feelunique!

Magnifibres Brush-On False Lashes
Bourjois Cream Blush 





















This is a laaavly orangey peach shade that literally will give you a 'healthy glow'! It's a really creamy consistency that glides straaaaight onto the skin. I don't particularly like cream blushes but this is such a tiny handbag size that is gonna be so handy to bring to work for that 3pm makeup slide touch-up! These are currently on offer at Superdrug for £5.99 from £7.99!

Now, first things first.. This name is a litttle bit misleading, if you're expecting to end up with Eylure 145 fake lashes, don't get your hopes up! Now I would say this is more for those who prefer natural fake lashes! This is a strange activity, you apply your mascara on your eyes, and immediately after brush the Magnifibres on. It's a strange texture, kind of resembles as if you were brushing tiny bits of cotton wool on your lashes! Then you wait 30-60 seconds and reapply more mascara to cover the white fibres! I used it today, it hasn't particularly lengthened my lashes, but it has definitely made them look thicker! The mascara is £21.00 to purchase online.

Now, this is the big one...

Illamasqua Glamore Lipstick
I loveeee Illamasqua, their products are amazing! I almost prefer them to MAC *shuusssh*! But their colour range is just so much more exciting and daring! I already have two of their original formula lipsticks in 'Kontrol' and 'Eurydice' but this is my first of their new Glamore formulation! The formulation is so creamy and moisturising, and unlike other buttery lipsticks it actually LASTS on the lips! It doesn't shift! These lipsticks are £18.50 each, and now consider that the box itself is £16.95 it made sense to order it and get everything else as well for less than I would have paid at Illamasqua! Minx is a beautiful rose pink and kind of a 'your lips but better'! It's perfect! I feel like this will be staying in my work handbag a lot!! Check it out in my selfies below! I also used the Magnifibres mascara and Bourjois blush in these selfies!






















One last thing - Latest in Beauty do samples of other beauty products that you maybe would want to try out before you maybe shell out a large amount of money.. The thing I wanted to try was the Therapie Roques Oneil Himalayan Detox Bath Salts! I've been lusting after these for a long time after I seen Fleur de Force review them! I've been knackered since I started working and I thought these might be perfect to help! You take a bath with them for 20 minutes approx., and then when you get out you basically just pass out! I love to sleep so I thought these would be perfect, I haven't had the chance to use them yet but I can't wait until I do! These cost me £4.00 but the full size is £37.00 so I thought it would definitely be a good idea to try the sample first!


Anyway, that's my haul from Latest in Beauty!
What do you think of this Beauty Box? Have you bought it?
Let me know if you've tried anything above!
Thanks for reading!

xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment