Friday 18 July 2014

The British Tag!


Evening guys!
Hope you've all had a lovely week! It's been so warm in Gatwick, like 30 degrees! And as a result it's currently thundering massively outside my house and I don't like it!!

I was tagged by the lovely Sara at www.simplysara.co.uk to do the British Tag! You previously might have seen this tag over on Lily Pebbles Youtube channel and if you'd like to you can watch it here!

I'm from Northern Ireland, and it can be a little controversial about whether we consider ourselves to be 'British' or not depending on what 'side' we're from! I've been in England for over 2 years now (holy crap!) and I've realised it's so unimportant! I don't like everyone kicking off at eachother, we should all be nice! I enjoy the festivities of both sides, the 12th and 13th of July and St Patricks Day, but it's more to spend time with my friends and family and have fun rather than support some religious piffle I don't even agree with or understand! I think we should take note from the picture below and just all be happy!


1. How many cups of tea do you have a day? + How many sugars?

I genuinely have about 5 cups of tea a day, it's increased a lot since I started in Nestle, the NHW team love a good tea break! I don't always take sugar, in work I don't.. So I look well healthy innit yeah? And when I'm at home I have 1. Or 2 if I'm having a bitchy day haha.

2. Favourite part of your roast?

Roast potatoes!! Roast potatoes are life. There's nothing sexier than a roast potato with crunchy bits of fat on the outside. I pray to the God of roast potatoes for crunchy bits. 
However, when I try to make roast potatoes:


3. Favourite dunking biscuit?

This is actually a hard one! I do love a good biscuit dunking, has to be something that will melt a bit so that usually means chocolatey! Chocolate Hobknobs might be my favourite, I think they just pip Chocolate Digestives to the post. But let's be honest, I'd eat them both. Probably at the same time.  

4. Favourite quintessentially British pastime?

This is a hard one, I don't necessarily know what a British pasttime is, but I've rounded up a few of my favourite things that we do in Britain!!

1 - Animal Traffic Jams


Any city slickers reading this post will probably have never seen the animal in the picture (it's a herd of cows FYI)! They're on their way to the milking parlour (FYI, milk comes from cows just in case you thought it just came in cartons - you'd be surprised!!). Farmers enjoy opening the gates about 5pm, generally when everyone's on their way home from work. If you live in the countryside this is sometimes the most irritating and exciting things that will happen in your day!

2 - Talking about the weather


After working in retail for 4 years, I've learnt a lot - people don't know how to hang clothes up after they've tried them on, Cashmere and Wool are very different things, and that if you feel awkward - you can always return to a conversation about the weather. It's an ice breaker, and strangely everyone appreciates it - you can moan when it's cold, you can moan when it's warm, you can be happy when it's cold, you can be happy when it's warm! It's uniting and it's so typically British!

3 - Obsessing about the Royal Family


Now this may divide people, but a lot of people I know and myself included love the Royal Family! I love the fact that people would queue up and pay insane amounts of money for a plate with the Queen's face on it! When it was the Royal Wedding, everyone was so joyous (maybe because it was an extra day off work - Thanks Kate & Wills!) but it was a uniting time! I love the fact there was street parties to celebrate the Queen's Jubilee - their big moments give us (*read "the commoners") the chance to celebrate and I love it!

5. Favourite word?

My favourite word is 'sweltered'. It's probably a bit more Northern Irish than British but it literally means when the weather (see I told you we always come back to it!!) is so warm you're practically melting a little bit! Check the Urban Dictionary description, that pretty much sums it up!!


6. Favourite cockney rhyme slang?

Cockney Rhyming slang literally confuses me so much, it takes so much for my brain to work it out!! My favourite is probably one I seen someone tweet a while ago, "Wallace and Gromit" which means vomit! That one might be handy after a night out on the town ;-)

7. Favourite sweet

Hmm I don't love sweets, I would always choose crisps over sweets! But probably Wine Gums, probably due because part of me always hopes that if you ate enough of them you'd actually get a little bit drunk! 

8. What would your pub be called?

As everyone probably knows by now, I'm obsessed with owls... If you don't know that, where the heck have you been? So my pub would probably be called something like "The Owl and The Pussycat"! Stolen off quite a well known nursery rhyme I know but imagine the sign below hanging on a post at the side of the road, of course you'd want to stop off and have a bevvie!


9. No.1 British person
It has to be the Queen, she's an amazing woman and still battling on at 88 years of age! She is an inspiration, and reminds me an awful lot of my Granny Quinn, so I think that makes me love her more! She has such good dress sense, she's rocking it out in rainbow colours! If I'm as cute and fashionable as her when I'm 88, I'll be fucking chuffed to bits!


10. Favourite shop / restaurant

Favourite shop: This is hard! I have so many!! Can I have 2? Topshop because it's always one step ahead of a trend, and the handbags and makeup are so nice but Dorothy Perkins as my second because it copies Toppers but it's SO much cheaper!

Favourite restaurant: It's so gluttonnous, it's so naughty, but it's so so nice. It has to be Almost Famous in Manchester, the things that the restaurants come up with are delirious and crazy, but it works. It works so so well. 
 
11. What british song pops into your head?

Anything Oasis. I was raised on it. I seen them live for my 15th birthday and they were amazing! I can put on an album and within seconds it takes me back to staying at my dad's house and being woken up on a Sunday morning at 10am. I'm hoping that eventually Liam and Noel will make up again and tour because only seeing them once is not enough!!

12. Marmite.

I've tried it, and I hated it! Lauren drunkely made me Marmite on toast in first year after a night out and it was rank! It's definitely a love it or hate it and I hate it!! How I felt: 


I absolutely loved this tag! It made me realise how much I love where I live and my nationality!
Definitely think everyone should give it a go! If you do, please leave me a link to it in the comments, I really wanna read more!

Until next time lovelies xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment