Wednesday 16 July 2014

Eminem at Wembley 12th July 2014

Oh hi again, yes I'm back again, 3 times in a week - it's a blue moon obviously!

I was a verrrrry lucky girl this weekend, I managed to get tickets to see Eminem at Wembley on Saturday just gone, and at a brilliant price (hint: always try to stay friends with your old exes, sometimes it gets you a hefty discount on concert tickets!) so Alice (my housemate from last year, who's also just started a placement) went along to relax and let our hair down! 

I've seen Eminem before at Tennants Vital in 2011 (holy moly, that's 3 years ago!!) and he was amazing! It pissed down (to clarify, with rain), so me and Jill got very drunk and hid in a portaloo! It was amazing, and so was Eminem, he's so good live, and plays such a good mix of his old stuff and his newer albums!

So when the opportunity came up we had to! I'm quite short at 5"6 but I have really short arms (think slightly like a T-Rex) so I couldn't take many pics of videos but I did wanna put up my video of 'Stan', it's my favourite Eminem song of ALL time and it was amazing, the atmosphere was unbelievable when it came on, everyone was so in the zone! Check it out below!



The pics below are the best ones I could get! The pic on the left was whenever we arrived at Wembley about 7pm, look how busy it was then! And it only got busier when Eminem came on!!


Now on to what I wore, unfortunately due to a mistimed afternoon nap I overslept and didn't leave myself enough time to get ready, hence no face pictures because I felt very awkward taking selfies on the train when I was alone! My outfit was cheap and cheerful, and a re-wear from Parklife! Cheeky! It was so warm, it was actually like summer time! (Also check out the girl gawking at me taking pictures in public bathrooms haha)


Outfit deets:
Dress - £7.99 from H&M (which I still can't find online - check in store!)
Boots - £10.00 (reduced from £18) from Primark! Currently in store in black & beige
Denim Shirt - £20.00 but it's old New Look 
Handbag - £5 Urban Outfitters old sale stock

So ultimately it was a super cheap outfit that suited the occasion as good old Marshall Mathers himself said at the gig "Lets do some shit from when I used to get fucked up!" so a weed leaf style dress seemed perfect!

The gig was amazing, and the fact that Eminem brought Dr Dre out as a special guest made the night 100x better! In just over the past month, Alice and I have seen: Snoop Dogg, Eminem & Dr Dre.. If anyone needs any help on becoming a Wigga.. Please come this way 'coz we're definitely experts at being straight up gangstas now!

I would fully recommend you go and see Eminem if you have the opportunity, he's 100% worth the money!! The concert is amazing, and his gigs always have such a good demographic, it's not all screaming girls! There was a 70year old man infront of us down to some 12 year old boys that were with their dads! There's hardcore fans, medium fans, and then people that just appreciate the music so it's always a really good fun gig to be at!

Have you ever seen Eminem live? Were you at Wembley last weekend?
Let me know if you were! What do you think of him live?

Rachel xxx

1 comment:

  1. Like yourself i went to see him at T Vital and I didn't realise it was 2011, how depressing. I am actually still on a crazy hype even thinking about it. We queued for over 6hours and got into "da pit" and ended up 4th row (due to never pee'ing) I like it even more when it rains, and he's definetely something else to see live. Gooooosebumps :)

    Great post, so funny to read!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete