Sunday 22 September 2013

What's on my lips...?

Hello beautiiiiiies!
I worked in a hospital allllll summer and it was damned hard work, so before I came back to Uni I wanted to treat myself, so obviously I headed straight to the MAC counter!
My friend Becca had recently bought 'Rebel' and I LOVED it on her so I definitely wanted to give it a try!
I had a £5 off voucher from my Debenhams beauty loyalty card so I decided I would treat myself, £10 for a MAC lipstick is good to me!

Rebel is a gorgeous dark berry fuschia colour that glides onto the lips soooo easily! It's my first MAC lipstick thats been a Satin Finish and I'm really impressed! It lasts sooo well on the lips, it definitely won't budge all day! Rihanna wears Rebel from time so I feel like a celeb when I wear it ;-) 

The only issue I had with Rebel was that I found it bled quite a bit around my lips.. So I dandered back to MAC and asked the sales assistant what lip liner was a good match to Rebel. She suggested Currant and whenever I seen it swatched on her hand I knew it was the one :) 


Swatches L-R - Rebel with Currant underneath, Rebel & Currant
Currant is a deeper shade of Berry and it glides on like a dreeeaaaaaaaam, it matches Rebel so well, either when worn just on the edge of the lips, or when worn all over with Rebel on top. With Currant underneath it lasts even longer! Its a perfect berry lip combo for Autumn and Winterrrr! I love it! The lip liner was £12, but they last foreeeever so I don't mind :)

Below are some pictures of me wearing Rebel with Currant underneath it. I wore it for a night out with a smoky eye, which was quite a lot having eyes and lips done but I don't really mind.. In Manchester nobody bats an eyelid even if you're wearing purple, blue or green lipstick so it's not that much of a big deal! In the second picture I was going to the pub so I just kept my eyes simple and had statement lips! If you've noticeed I got my nose pierced and I'm so happy with it! I completely missed it, it feels like an extra bit of jewellery on my face!!





Hope you enjoyed this post! 
Have any of you got Rebel or Currant? 
Let me know what you think in the comments or even tweet me.. You can follow me at @RachelVennard :) I'd love to hear to from anyone who reads this post so drop me a tweet about anything and everything :)

Until next time my dears :) 
xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment