Wednesday 11 September 2013

My Glossybox Experience - Part two!

Hellooooo again! 
I'm back again with part two of my Glossybox experience! This post will focus on the Seaside Splash box that was released in July 2013! The box for this was turquoise and had starfish and coral on and it was gorgeous! The boxes being different for special months is so cute!


















The five products in this box were as follows:

Alterna Haircare's Bamboo Style Boho Wave Tousled Texture Mist (PHEW THAT'S A LONG ONE) is a product designed to give you those perfect beach waves without even needing to be anywhere near the sea! It's a salt spray that can be used on wet or dry hair! I usually avoid these kinds of products because I have short hair and I generally manage one wave and my hair runs out! But I've been using this and it has really been giving my hair a nice bit of texture that I usually don't have!
This is the full size bottle (125ml) which is £23! I never tend to spend a lot of money on haircare products to me so that seems SUPER steep but I do like this product! I just can't imagine I'll repurchase it again.. But I'll use it up and enjoy my lovely textured hair until it's done!




Next up on the agenda is the Organic Mineral Face SPF 20 Rose Essence Tint! This is a tinted moisturiser that has a primer in it in order to reduce pores! Its Hypoallergenic, paraben free and provides UVA and UVB protection! It's quite a liquidy consistency and doesn't have that much coverage. It has a nice smell of rose but it leaves quite a sticky consistency on the skin! I've used it a few times under my foundation but the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation I use already provides SPF 20 so I don't feel this is really a step I need to add into my current makeup routine.. The 50ml which I received in the Glossybox is the full size and costs £29.99.. It seems so expensive but I suppose the pricetag is related to the fact it's an organic product.. But I definitely won't repurchase this! I believe my mum might end up with this being thrown into her makeup bag!


















There were 2 Sleek Pout Paints in the Glossybox, these cost £4.99 each! The red is 'Pin Up' and the white is 'Pout Paint'.. I will admit I was worried when I seen the white, I was unsure how I would ever use it.. But Becca gave me a great idea to blend the two together! The paints are soooooooo pigmented and you really do only need a tiny drop of each for a full lip application! They taste quite nice and last for eevvvverrrr! Lip stains are brilliant, basically one application and you know it'll still be there by the time you're going to bed! For a fiver I think these are brilliant, and you only need the tiniest drop so they literally will last FOREVER.

Next up is the Anatomicals 'Spray Misty For Me' Facial Spritz.. Facial sprays have been everywhere at the minute with the likes of Caudalie bringing out versions! Anatomicals are a cheaper, quirky brand with 'punny' names for all their products; the packaging is super cute too! This spray contains lavender, rose, peppermint and witch hazel.. It's so so refreshing, perfect for a quick spritz in the middle of a day to keep your makeup looking dewy and fresh! This 100ml bottle is £6 which is acceptable me, and I'd definitely think about purchasing it again and trying other products in their range! Anatomicals are sold on ASOS which is good because you can get your student discount then on top of the already acceptable prices ;-)


















Last but not least is this gorgeous Ciate London Paint Pot in 'Mistress', a vivid bright red! Its quite a thin nail varnish, so I put on 3 covers to ensure I had an opaque finish and that it did the colour justice! It's super bright and definitely a colour that I would wear in the summer, but it's maybe just a bit too bright now we're coming into winter.. Darker tones tend to rule my nails in the winter! The packaging of Ciate's polishes is so cute with the little bow! This is my second Ciate polish and I'm really impressed with them, but for £9 they are on the higher end of the price scale! I know I'll use this product a lot but I don't know if I would purchase a paint pot for myself, especially when Barry M's Gelly polishes are £3.99 and give such a good finish! But I can't slate this product at all!

And finaaaalllly that's that!! I've been so impressed with the two Glossyboxes I've received, and it definitely helped that I only paid 14.95 total for the 2 of them! I do apologise that this offer isn't available on Glossybox at the minute but it finished literally a few days after I ordered it!
I hope you enjoyed reading! Let me know if you've ordered any Glossyboxes and what your opinion is of them!!

Talk soon dearies! 
xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment