Monday 27 May 2013

Radio 1's Big Weekend - Londonderry/Derry

Hiiiiiiiiii!! 
I've had the most amazing weekend, I've been at Radio 1's Big Weekend ... Wooo!!
Me and my best friend Becca were lucky enough to get tickets for the Friday and the Saturday and it was amazinnnng! Friday was more dancey and R'n'B focused, which are my favourite types of music so it was perfect for me :)
Saturday was more poppy and rocky, not my fave's but there were still some amazing acts on!

On Friday we seen... Katy B, Maverick Sabre, J. Cole, Wiley, Dizzee Rascal and Calvin Harris! All of them were amazing, and Calvin Harris was an amazing headliner! He played such a good set and the atmosphere was unbelievable!! Everyone was so hyped up to see him! Dizzee Rascal was great as well, he even brought Robbie Williams with him to play his new song.. SO GOOD! :)

You can see a little bit of Calvin Harris's set in this video on my facebook... Calvin Harris - I Need Your Love ... Apologies for the crap quality!

The acts we managed to catch on Saturday were ... Kodaline, The 1975, Kendrick Lamar, The Saturdays, Ellie Goulding, Labrinth.. And my favourite act of the two days.. IGGY AZALEA! I am bordering on obsessed with her, she's got the most beautiful body and she's just perfection to me! 



The picture quality is terrible and I apologise for that! I was dancing too much to get a decent picture! She's got such an amazing body! And her outfit was unbelievable!!






The weekend was amazing and we stayed in the most gorgeous hotel.. Such a comfy bed to relax in after such a packed Friday!! Here's a few photos of my outfit choices for the weekend :)


  • Dress - River Island - This dress was £20 when I bought it down from £35.. Now it's £10! Bargain :) Especially as it comes with an attached necklace! 



  • Bagpack - Primark - This was £9.. So much handier than having to carry a handbag, this little beauty was going nowhere!



  • Denim Shirt - New Look - I got this for Christmas so it's gone off the website and I can't remember how much it was :( 



  • Rings - A mix of Primark rings and River Island midi wishbone rings!

  • Playsuit - Primark - This was £5! Such a cheapie and such a pretty pattern!
  • Denim Shirt - Same as before!
  • Belt - Primark - £3! Another cheapie and so similar to the style being sold in Urban Outfitters for a hell of a lot more!
  • Necklace - Topshop - Sale bargain at a fiver! As you can tell I'm a big fan of the cheapies haha.
  • Bracelets - Internacionale - £1 each! 
  • Shoes - Primark - Converse style high tops for £7! I don't see the point of paying £42 for the real things when I'm gonna wear them out and ruin them! I can have 6 pairs of these for the price of 1 real pair!!
  • Tights & Frilly Socks - Primark - Socks were £1.50, and they're identical to Topshops version! Tights are £3 for 3 pairs!


The weather stayed dry on Friday thankfully but the heavens opened on Saturday evening... At exactly the same time as Labrinth was singing 'Let the sun shine'!! Too ironic! We were well prepared with our raincoats and hats, nothing was ruining our weekend :) We danced in the rain and just enjoyed it!! My hats from eBay and was super cosy and warm :)


One last picture, we were lucky enough to bump into the lovely guys from Kodaline in the crowd when we were watching the 1975! They were so nice and more than happy to pose for a photo! They chatted away to us, and we walked past them a few more times during the night and they always gave us a wave!! Hopefully we'll see them in concert again soon because they were sooooo nice!!

We were filmed by the BBC dancing into the crowd for a montage going out on Friday (31st May) ... Keep an eye out, you might see Becca and I on TV! One step closer to being famous ;-)

Chat soon guys!
Rachel, x

No comments:

Post a Comment