Thursday 16 May 2013

Benefit goodies!

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/5205313/?claim=qruv9hagjnu">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Hello again!
Where has the sun gone? Last week we had a few gorgeous days.  And now there's been rain, hail and even SNOW in some places? So much for global warming.. Lets rename it global cooling!

Anyyhooooo...
When I was on the boat from Stranraer to Belfast last week, the weather was awful and then boat was a rocky ride home! They announced over the PA system that in the shop they had Benefit makeup for sale, so to try and rid myself of sea-sickness and possibly due to tiredness I went and had a little splurge!

I'd been wanting to repurchase a few Benefit items for a while but due to low money levels I was waiting to find them at a good deal! Turns out shops on the boats appear to be a bit like buying items in duty-free, meaning there's no tax to be paid on them... YAY FOR NO TAX! I treated myself to two items, the two I'd been wanting the most! And here they are! 


I bought Benefit's "They're Real!" mascara and "The Porefessional" primer! They were both at a pretty good price so I thought why not? If you can't treat yourself who is ever going to ;-) 


My mum bought me "They're Real" after a few (read: a lot) hints for Christmas and I loved it! I have super short, super stumpy lashes that refuse to become volumised or curl, but thanks to this amazing mascara I actually look like I have nice eyelashes! Amazing! I saved £2.50 off this onboard, which is pretty good to me! This mascara does dry up quite quickly, my previous one dried up in April, so I had about 4 months use.. It seems short but after all you are meant to change your mascara every 3 months to stop bacteria.. So it's short shelf life probably makes the product way more hygenic!! 


My second choice was Benefits number 1 selling primer in the UK, "The Porefessional". I got a sample of this a year ago when I bought "That Gal" from ASOS and threw it away at the back of my spares drawer! I stumbled across it about October time and fell in love!! The mini sample nearly did me 6 months because you need so little! So I'm expecting this full sized version to stretch for a looooooong time! To buy this product now it will actually cost you £24.50, so I made a saving of almost £5! That's a big amount in the world of high end beauty! I love it's silicon consistency, really helps to minimise my pores, and my foundation goes on like a dream over it! Thank you ASOS for introducing this to my life!

These are my first ever high end makeup repurchases which is a pretty big deal to me! I was never brand loyal before, but after stumbling across these two beauties I think they'll definitely be a makeup bag staple!! 

What are your favourite Benefit products? Let me know in the comments! 
Or leave me links to any other blogs, I'd love to take a read and find out how to improve mine! I'm only learning! 

Also, can anybody help me with my GFC button? It doesn't seem to work :-( 

Chat soon dearies! Lets hope the weathers picked up a bit by then :-)
Rachel xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment