Tuesday 14 May 2013

Summer Locks!!

Hiiiii everybody! 
"Hi Dr. Nick!" 

It's officially MEANT to be spring and coming into summer, however the weather refuses to accept that.. But anyway I've been breaking out my summer clothes, sandals and short shorts! So I decided the next thing on my list was to sort out my dark winter locks!


I've been dyeing my hair since I was about 15, a mixture of hair salon jobbies and out of a box jobs! My hair is naturally a bit of a mousey brown, basically pretty boring so I'm glad I don't have that anymore! My hair had turned into a really dark red after several XXL colour attempts, however those things never actually turn out right on dark hair!  *angry face*

So I decided I wanted a lighter shade & to reintroduce some blonde back into my life! I took a photo of what I was aiming for to my hairdresser, and she came up with a gorgeous light brown/dark blonde base with lots of blonde through it! I've been going to my hairdresser ever since I was born so she really knows how to tailor looks to suit me now! :)

Because of all the dye that had built up in my hair, it needed to be stripped of all the colour! Unfortunately getting it stripped manages to turn your hair bright orange!! 
I actually quite liked this colour on me but decided against keeping it like that!

A few hours, lots of hair dye, cotton wool & colour sections I was looking like this.. 
Not my best look in my opinion :-/

Eventually the end product is this... 
I love the colour, so warm and luxurious! After getting dyed my hair always feels so much glossier! My hairs so thick and it loves getting a good pampering! Jill used an INOA base on it which is extremely nourishing for the hair and not as damaging as other dyes!

I got it cut as well, I originally had an asymmetric cut, but now I'm into an all over crop with just one slightly longer side! 

I love the change and it always feels so nice to have a little change for the summer months :)

Do you have a specific summer style?
Let me know! 

Chat soon everyone! 
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment