Sunday 2 June 2013

My Make-Up Storage!

Hi again!!! It's been a week since Radio 1's One Big Weekend.. I have festival blues (major sad face) and I'm potentially dying from a combination of the flu/kidney infection and a throat infection.. I think this is my body's way of saying I need to take it a little bit easier after such a big weekend!!

This is just a little post about how I store my makeup! I don't have a HUGE collection, but compared to this time last year my makeup collection has about quadrupled in size! I was the girl that had one of everything and didn't use blush, primer, powder or much lipstick... So I'm basically a completely different person now :)


Most of these items are bargains from 'Pound World' in The Quays shopping centre in Newry!!


These are two little stacked drawers which I have blu-tacked together to keep them together! They were £1 each.. Total bargain!! Each set has 2 drawers each.. I have mine separated into... 
  1. Base Products
  2. Face Products
  3. Eye Products 
  4. Lip Products
They don't hold alll of the makeup I own but the majority of it! Any extra gets stored in the drawer under my mirror and I check it about once a week to see if there's anything else I fancy swapping :)

                                                             

I keep my smaller brushes (eyeshadow brushes, lip brushes and concealer brushes) in the little flower watering can.. Another £1 steal from Pound World! My bigger brushes, like my Real Techniques buffing brush and expert face brush, alongside my brow gel and tweezers stay in my mum's beautiful crystal vase! I think this was potentially a wedding gift and probably very expensive so I'm kind of looking for something less valuable to keep my bigger brushes in! Too afraid of breaking this!


My lipsticks get kept in my newest purchase! This is a 24 lipstick holder I found on eBay! You can buy it here! It's a bargain at £2.99! It comes from Hong Kong so there could potentially be long delivery times but mine was pretty speedy!! The only problem is I now feel the urge to fill the rest of the slots, and truth be told I do NOT need anymore lipsticks!


Finally, after seeing some inspiration from the lovely Faye on her nail polish storage I decided I wanted some glass containers! I have two of these huge jars and you'll never guess how much I paid for them.. £1 each :) All of my nail varnishes nearly fit into one, that's how big they are! Mind you I've newly discovered Barry M's Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paints (yes I know I'm late to that party) so my 2nd jar will probably fill up soon!!

Hope this maybe gave you a little help with ideas for how to store your makeup!

Chat soon!
Rachel, x.  

No comments:

Post a Comment