Sunday 22 June 2014

Estée Lauder Haul.

Eveninggggg guys!

So as I've probably mentioned before I like to do surveys online to try and get myself some money saved up to allow me to shop without the guilt (usually I don't get much of that either though!). Not so long ago I hit my £20 target on Valued Opinions and decided my store of choice would be Boots for my next haul! Estée Lauder was the counter I hit, and I can't deny, I hit it hard. 



I've heard a lot about the Doublewear Stay-In-Place Foundation, some things good, and some not so good - and I wanted to try it for myself! So I bought it to try it out for myself and I am IMPRESSED! The Estée Lauder counter assistant was really helpful choosing my shade and tried 3 different shades on me to see which would suit me best and I settled with Pure Beige! The foundation goes on so easily and really blends in well, and it really does last SO long, it's probably as close to a foundation tattoo that you can get at the minute. I wore it to Parklife all weekend and it didn't budge - even in the rain! It retails at £28.50, which is expensive, but I only plan to use it for nights out and events that I'm gonna be braving the elements in, such as a festival! It is far too heavy for everyday use, your skin would never need that kind of coverage on a daily basis! But for special occasions, this will be the first foundation I reach for! I love the packaging as well, so classy and elegant! It doesn't have a pump but I just pour a little onto my hand and it doesn't run away thanks to it's thick consistency!

Doublewear Stay-In-Place Foundation in 'Pure Beige'
The other product I purchased was the Pure Colour Envy Sculpting Lipstick in the shade 'Dominant'. It's the creamiest consistency and it literally glides on to your lips like a dream. I generally don't like creamy lipsticks because they don't last very long on my lips, but this lipstick is different. It's a bright vibrant pink that's not going ANYWHERE. I kept it on all day, and that included eating and drinking - and it looked just as good when I got home as when I left the house that morning! It's expensive, I can't lie, it retails at £24. It's the most expensive lipstick I've ever bought but I don't regret it, the price tag is really reflected in the quality of the product and it's staying power. The packaging is obviously included in the price, and it's a beautiful sleek design with a magnetic close. I'm wearing Dominant in the picture below! Swatches will be further on!

Pure Colour Envy Sculpting Lipstick in 'Dominant'
Yet another shameless selfie to show off a product ;-)
 I always think it's important to remember with buying in Boots you do get Boots points which you can save up for other purchases! So at least you do get some reward for shopping in store! When I went to Boots, I only intended to purchase Doublewear, but there was a gift with purchase (GWP) on if you bought two things, and I'm a sucker for a gift with purchase! This gift with purchase was valued at over £90 so I think it justified my extra spending!

I received a gorgeous teal and navy tile print makeup bag, a Lipstick, a Moisturiser, a Mini Advanced Night Repair, a 4 piece Eyeshadow Palette, a Mascara, an Eyeliner and a Nail Polish. This was my first purchase of any Estée Lauder cosmetics, and getting the GWP really introduced me to a lot of new things I maybe wouldn't have been willing to purchase! I'm not going to go into toooo much detail, because basically I love everything and this post would be 4 hours of reading long!!

Advanced Night Repair and Daywear Moisturiser
Pure Colour Nail Lacquer in 'Blue Blood' 

















Pure Colour Lipstick in 'Bois de Rose' 
L - 'Bois de Rose' & R - 'Dominant'


















4 piece Eyeshadow Palette - I don't know the names I'm sorry! :( 
Unfortunately I'm a major crap blogger and forgot to take pictures of both the Eyeliner and Mascara and I'm in Northern Ireland and they're in Manchester! Thankfully I know what they are so you can check the full size out online! I received the Pure Colour Intense Kajal Eyeliner in 'Blackened Black' - which really is super black and goes on so creamily, no tugging at your eyes! Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara in 'Extreme Black' - I love the brush of this mascara, It's now very much included in my mascara routine, and it's so black! I love black eyeliners and black mascara and Estée Lauder definitely supplies that! 

I'm super impressed with everything that I bought, and it all feels glorious on my skin, I'm absolutely crap that I don't have the names for the eyeshadows! I will be able to get them when I get back to Manchester so if you would like to know, feel free to tweet me at @RachelVennard or send me an email at vennardr@hotmail.co.uk and I can fill you in!

Have you tried any Estée Lauder products?
What do you think of them and the brands?
Let me know!
Rachel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment