Monday 16 June 2014

Life Update!

Afternoon lovelies!

Soooo, I'm on the 2 week countdown until I start my 1 year student placement at Nestle! I'm joining the team as a Student Nutritionist in their Confectionery and Food departments and I am SO excited! It's the opportunity of a lifetime and I feel completely blessed to have got the position!

I'm moving to Gatwick (which is Nestles UK headquarters) so I'll be leaving Manchester for London! I'm living half an hour out of the city (approx!) but I still feel like I'm gonna be in the big smoke! London is one of my favourite places in the world, I love the atmosphere, I love the buzz and I love the tube! 


People say that they find Londoners very rude and unhelpful, but it's one of the things I kind of love about the place! I like the whole 'fend-for-yourself' attitude, it teaches you to cope alone, and that's something I'm really trying to teach myself at the minute.. It's OKAY to be ALONE. I'm single, and I'm enjoying not being tied down to anything.. I think the two pictures below really sum it up quite well!


















So, next Sunday, my mum, my brother and my little Clio will be setting off towards Scotland and then travelling to London, with a little stop off in Manchester to pack up my stuff and take my brother to the Manchester Metropolitan University open day! He's 18 and in September he'll be applying for University, not sure where he wants to go yet but he's definitely considering across the water! He said something the other day which is super true for people from Northern Ireland - they tend to stay at the two universities in Northern Ireland, either Queens or University of Ulster! 

Ryan turned around to me and said "It's a 3rd of the price of going across the water, but you only have a third of the opportunity!" - as a big sister (even though he's 6ft2 and everyone thinks I'm the youngest) it made me proud! It's not easy going away to uni, but honestly moving across the water has been the best thing that's ever happened me! I was a homebird that cried for my mum when I was a Scout and we drove 20 minutes away for an overnight camp! Going away has cut the apron strings, I'm independent, I don't like relying on my parents anymore or anyone else for that matter! Things can be difficult, but the below saying in the picture really sums it up for me - if somethings easy, you never work for anything, or learn anything from it! And thats why 'A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor' is my motto in life'!


Just wanted to do a little life update as I'm probably gonna be quite absent over the next wee while, I'm gonna be working hard and adjusting to a full 9-5 life, unfortunately retail and it's unpredictable shifts don't really set you up for that kind of lifestyle!

Thank you to anyone that reads my blog, I really appreciate it - it's nothing amazing but I do love blogging whenever I have the time and I hope you all like reading it :)

Lots of love guys and girls!
xx

1 comment:

  1. Didn't even know you had a blog until last week Rachel & I've really enjoyed reading back through your old posts. It's nice to actually know someone who blogs LOL and that I'm not a complete weirdo. Keep at it!!!

    www.simplysara.co.uk

    ReplyDelete