Thursday 6 June 2013

Nails Of The Day!

Hi guys! Just a quick post on my current nail look! I'm a bit of an acrylics fiend but because I'm home and can't afford to keep up my addiction I've tried to go cold turkey!! My nails are in such poor condition because of the acrylics, so please excuse their disgustingness! 


This is a very simple nail look but I think it's quite an effective one! If you used other colours you could have the other 4 fingers painted the other colour, but unfortunately the white wasnt strong enough to cover the blue!

I just used Sellotape to cover over the white and give me a straight line for the blue! Easy peasy!! 


I used Miss Sporty's Cool Clubbing Colours in the bright blue shade, but it doesn't have a name unfortunately :( I think you can find this cheap as chips in Superdrug, probably around the £3 mark!!

The white is an Essie polish in Waltz! It's not the strongest white and you do need a few layers to make it opaque.. But it was a bargain! I got this on Fragrance Direct at £1.99!! Definitely worth checking it out to see if they're still at this bargain price! I got 4 Essie polishes for the price of one in Boots!!

Finally the top coat I used was MUA's Clear Top Coat.. As per usual with the majority of their products it was £1! Can't beat that :-) I think it's a good top coat, and if you use it every other day it really does keep your nails looking shiny! I had Seche Vite's top coat but it went gloopy far too quickly and the brush was too short, so half the polish went to waste! I wouldn't spend £8 on Seche Vite when you can buy one I find just as good for £1!

Let me know of any other simple nail art, I really struggle and any ideas would be appreciated!!

Rachel x 


No comments:

Post a Comment