Saturday 6 December 2014

Christmas Tag 2014!

Hello lovies - I am BACK.
It's been a while (like maybe 2 months or so? oops...) Me so sorry!
Life is manic and frankly when I'm not working I'm usually asleep so blogging time has been extremely limited! I will try and control my time better over the next few months and hopefully I'll be back on the radar a little bit more!

I thought a nice way back into things would be a tag - I love them! I am gonna write a proper post after this don't worry, my page won't turn into a specific tag blog!

Saying as it's now the 6th of December and Christmas is edging ever closer, I thought that this was the most appropriate time to do the Christmas tag!

Let's get goinggggg..

1. What is your favourite Christmas film?
I'm pretty crappy with films I can't deny that.. But Elf always makes me feel happy, and Will Ferrell is hilarious! I've not even seen all of the 'must have' Christmas films such as The Grinch, Love Actually etc... So hopefully if they're on this year I'll actually sit down and watch them!


2. Have you ever had a White Christmas?
I think when I was younger I remember it being a White Christmas, but I literally think I must have been about 5! I remember playing in the snow and my mum and dad asking me who's birthday it was, and being convinced it was one of my second cousins birthdays... They obviously meant Jesus, oops.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

3. Where do you usually spend the holidays?
I spend it at home with my family, first part of Christmas day is spent with Mum and her side of the fam, and the evening with Dad and his side!

4. What is your favourite Christmas song?
OH I DON'T KNOW. There's too many!! I literally will sing along to any of them! I know it's not particularly christmassy but I love Hallejuah by Jeff Buckley... We sang it at a Christmas Carol service when I was in Junior High School, and everytime I hear it I think back to then and I get really happy memories!

5. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
I try not too from my 'Santa' presents, i.e. the presents that my family buy me for Christmas, but if it's gifts from friends I will open them early.. Usually even before Christmas Eve, I'm pretty impatient...

6. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
I've been mentally trying to do this for weeks since Coca-Cola have released the bottles of coke with their names on it.. Let's try, again.

Dancer, Prancer, Donner, Vixen, Cupid, Rudolph... Nope. 

7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year?
All the random things my mum and I tend to do over Christmas, like going shopping at 10pm at night at our local shopping centre, going to Tesco in the middle of the night and stocking up on food, and going shopping on Christmas Eve to look at all the men who forgot to buy their wives/girlfriends presents earlier! Also, Christmas Eve drinks with my friends - but you have to be careful to make sure you don't end up hanging and can't eat your dinner! It's a risky one! It's my besties birthday on New Years Eve as well so there's always lots of celebrations then!

8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
It's fake - I think we had a real one a few years ago but the needles were horrible when they all fell off! I hate the feel of fake Christmas trees though, so I'll nag my mum to put it up but I can't even bare to touch it!! 

9. What is your all-time favourite holiday food/sweet treat?
Well I love turkey all year round, it's my favourite meat. I wish it was acceptable to eat it all year round :( My favourite sweets, are the Lindt chocolate balls that my mum gives me and my brother a box without fail every Christmas morning that we then eat for breakfast. Healthy. 


10. Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
Honestly, I love giving gifts! I love nothing more than putting thought into presents and actually buying people things that they want to get! It makes me so happy!! I'm the same with birthday presents!

11. What is the best Christmas gift you've ever received?
Well my car from my mum was a mix of birthday/christmas presents so it definitely has to be that! 4 years of Cleo and she's still going strong, impressive for a 2001 Clio with 105,500 miles on the clock!

12. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
It has to be New York doesn't it? I think every female would want their partner to take them to New York for Christmas! It's just so romantic and perfect!


13. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
I'm okay - I like to think I am anyway! I've had a lot of experience, with divorced parents, my dad was pretty crap at wrapping gifts so I tended to just be handed a pile of presents for random family members and asked to do it! Pressure! You ask me to wrap a box of Quality Street and I'll nail it!

14. Most memorable holiday moment?
It definitely just has to remembering waking up when I was really really young and sneaking in to check that Santa had left presents before going to wake my family up to go and open them! I've got some not so nice christmas memories as well which I wish would disappear from my mind!

15. What made you realise the truth about Santa?
I knew for years that he wasn't real - it was always the talk in Primary school of whether he was real or not. My dad told me when I was 10 but I still cried when he did. I was always an emotional wreck obviously haha. But remember - if you don't believe, you don't receive.


16. Do you make New Years resolutions? Do you stick to them?
I always make them, and I always break them! I'm determined that this will be the year that I don't, let's see how that goes...

17. What makes the holidays special for you?
I think it's more special now because I've been away from home for so long so it's nice to go home and see everyone, catch up with friends and family I haven't seen in a while and generally just relax! I'm working from home over this Christmas but I don't mind, it'll be nice to sit in front of the fire doing emails and focusing on projects!

Hope you enjoyed this tag - if you do one in response leave me a link in the comments and I'll check it out!

And in case I forget to say it later in December..

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


Rachel xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment