Thursday 22 May 2014

Topshop SS14 Collection Makeup Haul

Holaaaa!
Summer has arrived, the sun is shining (for now anyway in Manchester) and it's so nice to be able to wear bright clothes and fun makeup and be tanned (even if it is from a bottle)!

Topshop have released their Spring Summer 2014 makeup collection and you can view the whole thing here! It's exciting, fun and includes both summer brights and spring pastels in nail varnishes, lip products, eyeshadows and eyeliners! And it's all very reasonably priced at between £5 and £10!

When I was at home for Easter my mum and I went to Topshops flagship store in Northern Ireland in Victoria Square in Belfast! They have the biggest range of stuff and generally a better size range than smaller stores. 


What I bought!

The main item I went to purchase was the Eye Duo in 'Long Weekend' after my absolutely gorgeous bestie Becca at http://www.rebeccadurrans.blogspot.co.uk/ bought it! It's such a warm corally orange and a goldy brown duo! The orange is absolutely stunning and makes such an impact, it's perfect for sunshiney days! The orange has such a good colour payoff and it really does come out the same on the skin as it looks in the packet! The same can't be said for the goldy shade, it's pretty much invisible and has no colour payoff! I have hardly used it except for a little bit in the crease, but it's nothing special! Swatches can be seen further below! But here's how I wore it a few weeks ago for a family day away :)

Long Weekend Eye Duo - Topshop ft Peaches Lashes
 The second Eye Duo I bought is called 'Time Off' and it's a blue and slate grey combo. The blue is the same as the orange, and is a gorgeous baby blue colour! These eyeshadows are so easy to blend in! The grey has more colour pay off than the second shadow from the Long Weekend set! I absolutely love both of these kits and for £6 they're an absolute bargain! 

Swatches - Long Weekend and Time Off Eye Duo
After recommendations from Becca, I also purchased the Lip Varnishes which are a combination of a lip gloss and a lip stain! They are gorgeous on and the colour is as true in the tube as it is on the lips! They're glossy on the lips and they last for ages! Like seriously, almost all night long even on a night out! I was amazed at their staying power! They're £9 each, and I love them all! I bought 'Field Day' and 'Merry Go Round' and you can see the swatches below :)

On the day that I purchased the things from Topshop there was an offer on that resulted in a free Lip Cream when you spent over £15, as I definitely spent over £15 (oops) I chose the Lip Cream in 'Double Take'. Lip creams are highly pigmented glosses that are really comfortable to wear!

L-R - Double Take, Field Day and Merry Go Round
I absolutely love everything I bought and the thing I love about Topshop makeup is that you still get Student Discount on everything! And even better when I bought these things the discount was 20%! 

What do you think of Topshop's makeup range?
Let me know!

Rachel xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment