Monday 26 May 2014

Post Exam Treats!

Helllooo!
My exams are over, and as many of you probably know, I love nothing more than a little bit of online shopping to celebrate such achievements :) Have a little looksy below at what I bought! 



This time I knew what I wanted whenever I finished my exams, I'd had my eye on the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade for so long, and a few days before my exams finished, Cult Beauty sent me that delightful email to tell me it was back in stock again! However by the time I got there, the shade I wanted 'Dark Brown' was already out of stock AGAIN (this is the 3rd time it's happened!!). I made my way over to Beauty Bay in the off chance that they would have it in stock, and thankfully they did! So as soon as I seen it, it was straight in my basket alongside the Anastasia Beverly Hills Angled Cut Brow Brush. I felt it was justified to buy the brush as well because I wanted the Pomade to be my perfect brow so I needed the perfect brush to apply it! The Dipbrow Pomade retails at £15 and the brush is £13. Swatches can be seen below. 

Anastasis Dipbrow Pomade 'Dark Brown' and Angled Cut Brow Brush. (Apologies, I'd already used it!) 

On Beauty Bay, you also have the opportunity to pay an extra £1.95 for a premium sample product to be sent with your order, and it also means your delivery leaves the warehouse slightly quicker than the standard free delivery that Beauty Bay offer! You get to choose your own sample so it's not like you end up with a dodgy one you're maybe not fussed on. My choice was the Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser which for the full size retails at £34.99. This cleanser is AMAZING! It's a godsend, I've really been struggling with dry skin around my nose recently and its not been giving me a very smooth finish on my foundation! One application of this cleanser and that was GONE. You put it on, rub it in, and then wash it off. Easy peasy lemon squeezy and it gives GREAT results. I love it already, but £34.99 is a lot for a the full size so I would have to have a think about it when I've used it all up!
MAC - Eyeshadow in 'Cranberry'
Finally, the last thing I chose to buy myself was an eyeshadow I've been lusting over for years, since Becca bought it and used it on me I've been obsessed! Looked at it everytime I dandered through Selfridges or Duty Free, and finally on Wednesday 14th May it entered my life. And that eyeshadow is MAC's 'Cranberry' Eyeshadow. It's an amazing reddy plum shade with glitter, and it looks amazing on the lids! Beaut. Beaut. Beaut. I loveeeeeeee it. I've worn it so much already and I've only had it a week and a half! Check out the swatches of both Cranberry and the Dipbrow Pomade below! 

L-R Dipbrow Pomade in 'Dark Brown' and MAC Eyeshadow in 'Cranberry'
Both of my exam treats made it onto my face for my night out after my exams, and I absolutely loved the result! The Dipbrow was perfect and made my brows look great, it's a bit dark but perfect for nights out.. It's kind of like a tint, so it lasted the whole way through the next day, even after a shower and washing my face!!


















Have you tried any of these products?
Let me know if you have!
Lots of loveeee 
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment